This weekend, why not make a great way to prank your friends by making a motion detecting squirt gun! Let’s jump right in!
Parts You Will Need
Here are the parts you’ll need to accomplish this project.
Step 1: Disassembling The Air Freshener
The air freshener has some pretty cool technology. It has a motion detector that activates a release arm whenever it detects motion which sprays the air freshener. What we want to do is take it apart so we can utilize the motion detector to activate the squirt gun. Here’s what you need to do:
- Unscrew the back of the freshener
- Locate the motor that controls the gears and the release arm.
- Remove the gears and release arm.
- Detach and remove the motor leaving the wires connected to the freshener.
Step 2: Connecting The Automatic Sprayer
The next step is to find a way to connect the automatic sprayer. Here’s what you need to do:
- Unscrew the side of the automatic sprayer.
- Disconnect the motor wires from the battery pack.
- Take the wires from the motion detector and connect them to the motor on the automatic sprayer.
- If you need to, you can extend the wires using extra wire that you can either buy or use from another device.
- You can test the functionality by placing batteries in the motion detector and seeing if it triggers the motor on the automatic sprayer.
Step 3: Putting It All Together
Now to make it work all together, here are the last few steps:
- Add a straw to the pump siphon on the automatic sprayer. You can seal it with hot glue at the top to prevent air leakage.
- To add a water source, a small hotel shampoo bottle can be used to fit into the motion detector.
- Now you can stack the automatic sprayer on top of the motion detector inserting the straw into bottle to make this a single device.
- Adding water to the bottle, put the batteries in and see if it works!
Once it detects motion, it should squirt water out of the top automatically. Now it’s time to prank some friends!